Mt. Harmony Elementary School's mission is to educate children academically, socially, emotionally and physically in order to achieve their fullest potential. By providing a child-centered environment created by parent involvement, community support, high academic expectations and nurturing of each individual's self concept, children will ultimately be well prepared to contribute to a democratic society.
The Mt. Harmony Elementary School supports the Calvert County Public School's beliefs and values. We believe that all children can learn through:
- strong instructional leadership provided by teachers and administration
- clearly stated, realistic, high expectations based on students' individual needs
- continued monitoring and assessing of school progress and performance
- a cooperative partnership between school and community
- professional development endeavors for staff and administration
- a clear understanding of mastery teaching and learning
- a school climate conducive to learning
9:05 a.m. − 3:45 p.m.
Arrival At School
School begins promptly at 9:05 a.m. Students who arrive after 9:05 must be signed in at the front office. Students should not be brought to school prior to 8:35 a.m. unless a special arrangement has been made with the teacher, Vice Principal or Principal.